The fluids used in a vehicle’s engine holds very much importance from the perspective of engine’s longevity, performance, and efficiency. In simple words, the prime function of the fluid is to lubricate and clean the engine. When the engine oil circulates through the different parts of the engine then it accumulates the dirt as well as metal shavings which often gather over the time. In case you are fortunate enough then the accumulated dirt and debris will settle right on the pan’s bottom, rather than circulating in the system itself.
Different Aspects of Transmission Fluid Service:
In this regard, the services related to transmission fluids are considered very much important. When you take your vehicle to the repair centre, the mechanics thoroughly clean the various parts of the engine before replacing the exhausted oil with the fresh one. This process of transmission fluid service is called as fluid flush. With the help of fluid flush, it becomes easier to get rid of the accumulated debris inside the engine.
Without any doubt, the quality of engine fluid matters a lot in determining the health of the transmission system. For this reason, it is highly important to replace the transmission fluid after every 20,000 to 25,000 kilometres, or say 30 months. For more details, you can check out the manual book of your car. Sometimes you may get the smell of burnt-fluid, which hints that it is the time to replace the transmission fluid. Paying heed to the importance of fluid replacement is more important in the case of automatic transmission engine.
It is true that you can check out the quality or health of the transmission fluid by your own, which can be done with the help of the dipstick. If the colour of the fluid looks darker then it certainly means you have to get it replaced with the fresh one. Replacing the transmission fluid can be a little tricky if you do it by your own. Since most of the transmission pans do not come with the drain plugs feature, therefore the replacement task can turn out to be a little messy. This is the reason why it is better to seek the services of expert mechanics. They know how to deal with the hassles of transmission fluid service.
There are some cases in which it is highly vital to seek the services of transmission repair, particularly the replacement of fluid, such as-
- Noisy transmission
- Lack of smoothness during the shifting of transmission
- Transmission slips
- Forward or reverse gears are not coming into action
Once you get the exhausted fluid replaced, you can expect many benefits from this step, such as-
- “Lock Jaw” is a situation that happens when the transmission system of your vehicle becomes too much hot. As a result, the whole system simply shuts down, and you are left with tons of worries. So, change the fluid from time to time in order to prevent your car from shutting down.
- The cost of replacing the transmission is really high. So, if you want to save money then do not hesitate to spend on the transmission fluid. In the long run, it will prove to be a money saving thing for you.
- When the transmission fluid in the engine becomes dirty then it puts more pressure on the engine. In addition the fuel economy also gets affected. So, if you want optimum performance from the engine then always replace the transmission fluid at regular intervals.
However, using the wrong fluid can damage your transmission greatly, so be sure to check it out.