Many people nowadays are catching on to the trend of concrete floor polishing. It is highly durable as well as versatile. However, you need to exercise a bit of caution when choosing the contractor for the job, as his experience and expertise will have an effect on the finish. It will not hurt to shell out a bit more for the best concrete floor polishing services in town assured. In fact, you have a value for money.
Concrete Floor Polishing
Some tips on concrete floor polishing:
- The placement: An overall degree of flatness, as well as good quality edge finishing, is essential. For this, you need to choose concrete floor polishing expert, who can give you a lowdown on the slope of the floor and what to do.
- A grade of concrete: Only an expert in concrete floor polishing will be able to suggest what grade of concrete you need for your purpose given that there are various grades available out there.
- Stain-resistant and waterproof flooring: Nowadays, this is also possible and saves a ton of time in cleaning and this translates to longevity in a number of years the flooring will last.
- Cheaper products are not always the best: Give this a thought, why would a company let go of something it advertises, as a high-quality product cheaply. There are two possible reasons, one is the company is facing competition and has to adjust prices to stay in the market. The second scenario is that the company is probably trying to fleece you with false promises. Be circumspect and always consult a concrete floor polishing expert to see how much he charges and for what services. Compare with other similar concrete floor polishing contractors and if you find a median price, it’s suggested you stick to it.
- Equipment: Always insist that contractors bring their best equipment along for grinding to make sure your grinding surface is made smooth and polished to the maximum.
Polished Concrete Flooring
Advantages of concrete floor polishing:
- Versatility: Polished concrete floors can practically be used everywhere, from residential, commercial and industrial projects. Concrete floor polishing is especially recommended for anyone who knows even smidgen about flooring and its benefits.
- Durability as well as sustainability: Linoleum, ceramic tiles or vinyl floorings have much lesser durability than polished concrete flooring. With the proper maintenance, they can last up to ten years or more.
- Eco-friendliness: There is no need for hazardous chemicals in installing concrete floor polishing, not does it require any maintenance. Thus, making it the ideal choice for environmentalists. Concrete floor polishing prevents allergens, molds, and mildew from accumulation and is energy efficient because they can collect and disperse the heat coming from the sun’s rays. This leads to a great decrease in the energy bills. Indoor air conditions are improved dramatically when concrete floor polishing is used.
- Economic: The cost of concrete floor polishing per SQ. m is much less than that of the others such as hardwood, laminate, or vinyl flooring. Further, the cost will minimise when slab concreting already exists and require only the polishing.
- Aesthetic beauty: The concrete floor polishing makes it look like marble. Further, enhanced by various tints that you can ask the contractor to add in order to complement the color of the walls.
- Low maintenance: A polished concrete floor needs some sweeping and mopping. The occasional damp mopping is enough to preserve the looks of the surface for a decade.
- Ambient lighting and stain free: The concrete floor polishing reflects light by as much as thirty percent more. In addition, you also get the floor, which is absolutely stained free.
Overall, these are some of the advantages of the concrete floor polishing. Get in touch with us to get more information about concrete floor polishing.