Having a business of your own is important, but choosing the right profile is even more important. There are a number of professional courses which are on a high-rise, and one such segment is the hairdresser or barber. These are the individuals who do the hair cutting, styling, trimming, hair spa and other allied service related to hair and scalp. So, if you too wish to start a career in this domain. Read ahead to know more about this.
What are the Career Options as a Barber?
As an individual, if you are willing to start off their career in this profession, then you have the following options:
- Owing to a barbershop
- Hairstylist with celebrities
- hair expert providing hair spa and remedies against hair fall
- Hair color, staring, etc.
Well, these can be specialized branches, or you can gain mastery in all these. But, before you begin this, you must have some behavioral qualification and skills as well. Coming to the income part, then a person who works as a barber, then as per the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2015), they can earn $13.67 per hour.
Now Comes the Qualification Part:
There is no basic qualification for a barber but being a graduate will give you a more profound and professional look as compared to the one who doesn’t have this degree. But, the most important skill that one needs to possess is creativity, patience, and they need to have the inclination to understand the requirement of the client. Nowadays, people have become very specific when it comes to their look and style, and a good barber understands this and renders the services accordingly. Training under a skilled person will help them in gaining an extra advantage.
What are the Basic Services Expected from A Barber?
- Customized Services: A good barber would be able to provide the customer with the kind of hair cut and style they are looking for, customization is the key to success, and the people running a barbershop have accepted this, and hence you can find customized services offered by them.
- Unisex Barbers: These types of barbers are experts in cutting the hair of the male and female. They have both masculine and feminine skills to cut hair and style them accordingly. They give better service when compared to other salons and shops. Barbers are also endeavoring manicure, pedicure and massage facilities to attract customers and to retain them too.
- Special Treatments: Many barbers give special kind of procedures such as hair colors with straightening and keratin treatment, anti-hair fall treatment and curling of hair too. Different hair colors are being advised to both men and women, and there is also a combination of 2-4 colors and even multicolor hair color, which is attracting youngsters. Barbers are trying their best to increase sales, by giving unique packages and creative hairstyles as of one are- fire haircut in which by using fir they cut the hair, and it retains the texture of hair. Well-known barbers are using the fire haircut technique to attract customers by telling them the benefit of this type of haircut by which split ends will completely stop.
In addition to all this, a professional and qualified barber will help in solving hair fall and scalp related issues. They help their customer provide them with the right hairstyle and cutting solution that will match their face cut and personality.
There is no end for creativity and innovation, as technology increases day-by-day, new hairstyles and haircuts come on growing with it. Fashion market also plays a role in the development of barbershops. If you too wish to make a career in this field, then you need to take into account the above-mentioned tips that will help you grow as a professional hair cutting and styling solution provider.