The cases of proof regarding the prevalence of Myopia and the subsequent consequences have spread myths and fallacies in the minds of common people. It has also created enormous impact on scientists and other researchers to find a suitable Myopia Treatment. Spatial improvement of vision is witnessed through use of spectacles. The main cause of distance vision impairment is the presence of uncorrected refractive errors. This reason is also been considered as one the most common cause of global blindness too.
1. Contact Lenses: Both the soft contact lenses and rigid gas-permeable contact lenses have been studied to see their effects on the progression of myopia. Wearing soft contact lenses has been identified as safe for children by scientists. These are generally not associated with increase in Myopia progression. On the contrary, the rigid gas-permeable contact lenses were not able to give satisfactory yield. The delay in progression was probably linked to a steepened corneal curvature. This has been proved as a contra to the marked differences it makes in axial growth, creating no distinctive impact over Myopia Treatment.
2. The Under-Correction Through Use Of Refractive Lenses: The studies with infant monkeys have supported the idea that under-correction has the ability to alter the growth pattern of the eye. It can, therefore, change its refractive ability. The therapeutic under-correction reduces the near-vision accommodative responses that serve as a factor for myopic progression. However, no significant difference in myopic progression has been witnessed in children who are prescribed with under-corrected lenses to those children with fully corrected lenses. Hence, you have to consider this as a negative option.
3. The Part-Time Wear Of Specs: Optical defocus was considered as one of the principal reasons for the development of Myopia. While considering the options for Myopia Treatment, studies were conducted to explore the effects of different patterns of lens wear on myopia progression. It was observed that there is no significant difference in the three-year progression between the full-time lens wearers, the victims who were recommended to make a switch from distance-only to fulltime wear, distance-only wearers, and the non-wearers. Therefore, it was concluded that wearing lenses for a certain time has nothing to do in controlling the myopic progression.
4. Use of Bifocal and Multifocal Specs: It was again hypothetically taken that the use of bifocal and multifocal lenses could reduce retinal defocus and thus slow myopia progression. Tragically, no significant alter in myopia progression has been witnessed through such clinical experiments. There was an exception of course. It was evidenced that the use of bifocal-only spectacles and bifocal spectacles with base-in prism could effectively slow down myopic progression. The rate of such diminution was 39 and 50 per cent respectively. The experiment was successfully carried within Chinese-Canadian Children.
5. The Peripheral Retinal Defocus: Research studies have suggestions over the role of the peripheral retina and peripheral vision in the progression of Myopia. However, it was suggested that fovea ablation has no impact on the emmetropization process. The importance of peripheral vision in the development of Myopia is more understood when it is observed that the absence of central vision has no impact on it. Methods to correct this decreased relative peripheral hyperopia are applied for Myopia Treatment for the children.
The association of an increased risk of cataract, glaucoma, retinal detachment, and myopic macular degeneration are identified as the core of uncorrected loss of vision. These risks are further annihilated with the infusion of Myopia. This is the basic reason for quest for an appropriate Myopia Treatment. It is recommended that you visit the doctor as soon as you see the signs of myopia.